This week I have been mostly experimenting with a clean eating vegan diet.
I’m vegetarian as it is, so although not a huge adjustment, I did face a few difficulties, particularly at breakfast time. But as they say, necessity is the mother of invention & so I came up with this tasty dish. Let me introduce you to my world-famous (ok that’s a slight exaggeration!) Courgette Stacks! They are gluten, dairy & sugar-free, and to be honest would work just as well on the lunch or dinner table. These got quite the reaction on Instagram & Facebook and I promised to share the recipe. So here goes……
You will need:
- 1 courgette
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1 small clove of garlic crushed
- Juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- pinch of Himalayan rock salt & cracked black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A few torn basil leaves
- Thinly slice the courgette lengthways & also thinly slice the tomatoes & mushrooms
- Put all of these under the grill & turn the courgette slices when they start to brown
- In the meantime prepare the avocado, by mixing all the other ingredients together (except the basil & olive oil)
- Assemble your stacks as follows; slice of courgette, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and repeat.
- Put the stacks back under the grill just to heat through
- Finish with a final layer of avocado & a drizzle of olive oil
- Sit down, relax, chew & enjoy!