I love to read blogs and when I find one I like, I always check out the “About” section. If you are anything like me, you’ll know how disappointing it is, when there isn’t one. Here’s the thing though, I never know what to write about myself, so I’ve decided to break this up into two sections!
The Professional Stuff
I am passionate about Happiness & Health, and I want to support you to live YOUR extraordinary life to its fullest! I am a qualified Nutritionist & I am currently studying to be a Holistic Health Coach with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I am 32 years old, & at the moment I live in the Irish countryside with one little person & one “little-er” dog.
Now Here’s 20 Random Things About Me
- I have been a vegetarian my whole life, despite the fact that everyone else in my family eats meat. Apparently when I was little, I would spit the meat out, so after a while my Mom figured I was a vegetarian & stopped giving it to me. (Kudos to her, considering it was Ireland in the 80’s!)
- I believe whole heartedly in the healing power of foods & have experienced it first hand in my own family
- As a child I saw everything in colour- days of the weeks (monday=white, wednesday=green etc), numbers (two=red, three=blue etc), names etc. I can still remember, but I don’t “see” them anymore…..that bothers me
- My first time visiting the States was in 2010, but I had technically stood on US soil before! When I lived in Lisbon in 2002, I was invited to visit the US Embassy & spent a lovely afternoon there “hanging out”.
- I love every vegetable ever grown & generally prefer to eat them raw. I have been known to eat a whole bag of Rocket/Arugula while watching a movie.
- Peonies, Scented Stock & Bluebells are my favourite flowers
- I believe that each & every one of us owe it to ourselves to be happy, & that we should never settle for anything less.
- I’m a pen & paper sort of girl. Technology is not my strong point, but I’m working on it!
- I have an irrational hatred of thickly sliced tomatoes.
- One of my greatest ambitions in life is to travel the whole of this big beautiful world of ours.
- Having worked as the manager of a live music venue in my early twenties, I am really, really good at the 6 degrees of separation game
- I love broccoli, I love soup, but I HATE broccoli soup.
- I started 3 businesses (with varying degrees of success) before I turned 30
- I’ve always felt like I knew Elvis (yes, that one!) really well, & I don’t know why. Any past life theorists out there?
- Once when I told my friends that I was going to do a silent meditation retreat, they laughed and said I’d be the only person ever to get kicked out……
- …….Which is really ironic as I’m naturally quite a shy person.
- I love to drive and it’s one of the life skills I’m most proud of; possibly because I thought I would never, ever “get it”!
- I once instigated an adventure where 6 of us flew across the world (well as far as NYC), to surprise a friend on her birthday. #FunTimes
- Everything I do, I do it for My Little Love ❤ (Bryan Adams pun intended!)