1. Eat less Meat. Use beans & lentils to bulk out dishes.
2. Try to buy directly from the producer when possible
3. Buy fruit & vegetables in season when they are cheaper.
4. Take advantage of special offers & make use of your freezer.
5. Buy in bulk. 5kg of rice is much cheaper than 500g!
6. Plan your meals AFTER you’ve picked up the weekly special offers.
7. Swap shopping lists with a friend, that way neither of you will be tempted to overspend.
8. Avoid waste. Use leftovers & make stock from vegetable peelings, bones etc
9. Consider growing your own, especially herbs & leafy greens which can be expensive.